Heirloom Tomato Galette
This rustic heirloom tomato galette tastes is summer on a plate. Very easy to prepare and absolutely delicious, it is the perfect dish to bring for your summer barbecues. Sprinkle with goat cheese to finish, if desired.
HEIRLOOM TOMATO GALETTE
We’ve sourced and freshly ground the spices to make our Heirloom Tomato Gallete. Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Heirloom Tomato Gallete in just 30 minutes.
How Our Spice Kits Work
We provide spices:
- Herbes de Provence - Salt Free
Your shopping list:
- sheet puff pastry
- heirloom tomatoes
- teaspoon RawSpiceBar's Herbes de Provence
- teaspoon grainy mustard
- tablespoons panko or breadcrumbs
- tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- egg, beaten
- 1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- 2. Slice the tomatoes to 1/4 inch thickness and set aside.
- 3. In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp grated Parmesan with the herbes de provence and mustard.
- 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay your puff pastry.
- 5. Spread 2 tbsp panko or breadcrumbs, leaving about 11/2 inch of the border uncovered.
- 6. Sprinkle the Parmesan herbes mix evenly on top.
- 7. Starting at the centre, place the tomato slices in circles overlapping each other.
- 8. Sprinkle the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan on top, season with a little pepper if you like, and carefully fold the leftover dough over the tomatoes.
- 9. Brush the galette with the beaten egg and bake for about 30-40 minutes , until the dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- 10. Allow the galette to cool down slightly before decorating with fresh basil leaves, and serve, we love alongside a nice side salad.