A healthier version of the deep fried favorites, these are easier to cook and just as tasty, with freshly ground spices. Serve these with your favorite chutney or yogurt.
2 white onions, sliced
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Kosher Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon Roasted Ground Cumin (optional)
1 teaspoon RawSpiceBar's Golden Turmeric
1 green chili, minced
2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon lemon juice
6 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350F and add line or grease two trays. Place the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, chili, cilantro, and lemon juice in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add water.
2. Once you've got a thick batter, add the onions slices and stir to coat with the batter.
3. Heat a large wok on the stove top on a medium heat and melt enough coconut oil so that you've got about a half inch layer of oil.
4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the bhajis start to crisp up and brown on top.
5. Remove from the oven and place on a plate alongside some yogurt or chutney and enjoy!
Looking to Buy?
Don't forget to check out our vast selection of spices in our shop!