This recipe for Greek Mushroom Onion Pie is easy and packed with a powerful greek seasoning spice blend. GREEK MUSHROOM ONION PIE
We’ll send the freshest spices to make our Greek Mushroom Onion Pie. Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Greek Mushroom Onion Pie.How Our Recipes Kits Work We provide spices: Your shopping list:
- tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Greek Oregano
- cup extra virgin olive oil
- medium or large onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2
- pounds mushroom, preferably portobellos or mix of wild mushrooms, portobellos and regular mushrooms, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- large garlic cloves, minced
- teaspoon RawSpiceBar's Smoked Sweet Paprika
- cup chopped fresh mint
- tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- sheets phyllo dough
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add the onions. Cook, stirring, until they begin to wilt, and add salt to taste. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook the onions, stirring from time to time, until they are very soft and beginning to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms, turn the heat up to medium-high, and cook until they begin to sweat and soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and stir together until fragrant, about 1 minute, and stir in the paprika. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender and most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, taste and adjust salt, and stir in the mint, parsley, feta and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 10- or 12-inch tart pan or cake pan with olive oil and layer in 7 sheets of phyllo dough, placing them not quite evenly on top of one another so that the edges overlap the sides of the pan all the way around. Brush each sheet with olive oil (or a mixture of olive oil and melted butter) before adding the next sheet. Fill with the mushroom and onion mixture. Bring the overhanging edges of the phyllo in over the filling, brushing each sheet with more olive oil, then layer 5 more sheets of dough over the top, brushing each sheet with olive oil. Crimp the edges into the sides of the pan. Pierce the top of the pie in several places with a sharp knife. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Recrisp the crust, if necessary, in a low oven for 10 to 20 minutes.
Looking to Buy?
Don't forget to check out our vast selection of spices in our shop!