This recipe for Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup is fast and easy. It's a super comforting soup that is bursting with flavor..CARROT GINGER TURMERIC SOUP
We’ve sourced and freshly ground the spices to make our Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup. Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup .How Our Recipes Kits Work We provide spices: Your shopping list:
- tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- medium onion finely chopped
- clove garlic finely chopped
- piece thumb-sized of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- teaspoon RawSpiceBar's ground turmeric
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 500 grams
- ( 17.6 ounces) carrots peeled and chopped
- liter (4 1/4 cups) vegetable stock
- toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- fresh thyme
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sautee for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, orange zest, salt, pepper and sautee for 2 minutes or until the spices are fragrant. Add the carrots and sautee for 3 minutes.
- 2. Pour in the vegetable stock and orange juice, bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the carrots are cooked through.
- 3. Puree the soup in batches in a high speed blender. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- 4. Return the soup to the pan and reheat, adding more liquid if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- 5. Divide the ginger and turmeric carrot soup between bowls and top with chopped toasted hazelnuts and a sprig of fresh thyme.Enjoy!
Looking to Buy?
Don't forget to check out our vast selection of spices in our shop!