Photo and recipe via The Endless Meal
The single best bet for better chili — slow cooker or stovetop or instant pot — is to use freshly ground chili powder. Our chili powder is a blend of 4 types of freshly ground red chilies, plus spices like roasted cumin and Mexican oregano. With our salt free chili powder, you can add as little or as much salt to taste.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground beef or turkey
Kosher salt, to taste
2 (15-ounce) cans dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup broth, beer, or water
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp RawSpiceBar's chili powder
1 tsp RawSpiceBar's Mexican oregano (optional)
Instant Pot Directions
1. Turn instant pot to sauté and add meat and brown, draining excess grease. Set meat aside. In pot, add diced onions and peppers and cook until tender. Add garlic, salt, spices and cook, another 2-3 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Turn the instant pot on and pressure cook, 18-20 minutes. Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with vent, and stir in cider vinegar.
3. Serve with toppings as desired and enjoy!
Stove Top Directions
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 mins. Add the garlic, chili powder and salt and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the ground meat to the pan and let it cook until it is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers, carrots, celery, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, and (if using) the fish sauce. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer the chili with the lid off for 20, or until all the veggies are tender. Season to taste with sea salt.