Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
2 tablespoons coconut oil/ghee
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons RawSpiceBar Tandoori Blend
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 small butternut squash, cubed (about 3 cups)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lime, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In an oven-safe dutch oven, heat the oil/ghee over medium heat. Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. Working in batches, sear the chicken on all sides until golden brown. Transfer the seared chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and tandoori spice and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and broth and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Add the squash, return the chicken to the pot and stir well. Cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Place the pot in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until the meat is fall-apart tender. When the stew is done, transfer the chicken to a bowl and use two forks to shred the meat. Return the meat to the pot.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and season the stew to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro and serve.