Sweet and spicy instant pot sloppy joes- really just a messy pile of sautéed ground beef or turkey with freshly ground chili powder spilling out of a toasted roll. Top with pickles, coleslaw or onions, perfect for a low key night.
1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
2 tbsp RawSpiceBar's taco seasoning
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Kosher salt, to taste
Instant Pot Directions
- Turn Instant Pot to saute. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, taco seasoning, salt, and Worcestershire, set aside.
- When Instant Pot is hot, add meat and brown. Remove to drain fat and add back.
- Add peppers, and onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Turn Instant Pot off and add ketchup mixture and beef broth.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes. Quick release when the timer is up. Stir to combine and serve on buns!
Slow Cooker Directions
- Add all ingredients except buns in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine and cover.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours. Stir the mixture again.
- Stir to break up and divide between hamburger buns- serve immediately.