This shakshuka recipe is perfect for a weekend brunch or a simple weeknight dish. It is warming and satisfying.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
Pinch sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
Bunch fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
6 large eggs
1/2 cup crumbled feta
Bread to serve (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Warm the oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add onion, bell pepper, and pinch salt. Cook, about 4 to 6 minutes.
3. Add garlic, tomato paste and paprika, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cilantro and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add everything bagel seasoning. Crack egg into skillet, one by one, folding into tomato mix. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and bake 8-12 minutes, until eggs are nearly cooked.
7. Remove from heat and top with the crumbled feta, fresh cilantro leaves. Serve and enjoy!