A perfect, classic carrot cake with a Moroccan twist. Simple to prepare and totally delicious.
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Ras el Hanout
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cups canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups peeled carrots, grate
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup raisins
8 ounces light cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, to top
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and Ras el Hanout. In a separate bowl, whisk oil, sugars and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
3. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, stirring gently until they disappear and the batter is smooth. Stir in the carrots, nuts and raisins.
4. Divide batter between pans and bake in oven until cooked in center, about 40 minutes.
5. For frosting, combine cream cheese until creamy, about 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time until fluffy. Add whipping cream and combine. Frost cake, add nuts and serve!