Pepparkakor (Ginger Cookies)
INGREDIENTS1/2 c. molasses
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 egg, well beaten
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Gingerbread Spice
2 1/2 c. sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Heat molasses in small saucepan to boiling point. Let boil about 1 minute.
2. Add sugar and butter and stir until butter is melted. Let cool. Beat in egg.
3. Sift together flour, salt, soda, and RawSpiceBar’s Gingerbread Spice.
4. Add to first mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Roll out a portion of the dough at a time on lightly floured pastry cloth and roll into thin layers.
6. Cut into desired shapes and bake for 6-8 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.