Photo courtesy of eastvanvegan
This sweet and sticky Memphis inspired baked BBQ tofu is perfect next to green veggies, potato salad or summer grilled corn.
1 lb extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, separated
1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar's Memphis rib rub
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, salt, Memphis rib rub, balsamic vinegar and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Pour into the shallow baking dish.
- Halve the pressed block of tofu horizontally. Thinly slice the two blocks into two thinner blocks, so you have 4 tofu sheets, all roughly 2 inches by 4 inches. Cut each sheet into 8 triangles.
- Coat tofu in barbecue sauce and spread flat in dish.
- Bake in oven, 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway. Serve & enjoy!