Baked Memphis BBQ Tofu
Photo courtesy of eastvanvegan
This sweet and sticky Memphis inspired baked BBQ tofu is perfect next to green veggies, potato salad or summer grilled corn.
1 lb extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, separated
1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar's Memphis BBQ Rub
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
Kosher salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, salt, Memphis bbq rub, balsamic vinegar and Bragg Liquid Aminos. Pour into the shallow baking dish.
3. Halve the pressed block of tofu horizontally. Thinly slice the two blocks into two thinner blocks, so you have 4 tofu sheets, all roughly 2 inches by 4 inches. Cut each sheet into 8 triangles.
4. Coat tofu in barbecue sauce and spread flat in dish.
5. Bake in oven, 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway. Serve & enjoy!