3 egg whites
1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Italian Seasoning
Kosher salt, to taste
1 bunch fresh basil
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut eggplants and salt generously to sweat, 20 minutes.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and salt. Dip eggplant slices into egg white mix, then coat with breadcrumb mix.
- Add eggplant slices to lined baking sheets and bake, 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- In greased baking dish, spread tomato sauce and layer in basil. Add eggplant and layer to combine. Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, until the top is golden, 20-25 minutes.