Healthy Chicken Pot Pie
Healthy chicken pot pie, packed with juicy chicken, fresh veggies in a light, flaky crust.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Salt Free Poultry Seasoning
Kosher salt, to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups almond milk
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1 cup frozen peas
1 yellow onion, diced
1 prepared pie crust
1 egg, beaten with water (for wash)
1. Preheat then oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with baking spray and set aside.
2. Heat a large Dutch oven with oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions and mushrooms and saute, 5-6 minutes. Add carrots, celery, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute additional 4-5 minutes.
3. Add flour to vegetable and saute, 2 minutes. Add almond milk, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Let thicken, 4-5 minutes. Add chicken and peas.
4. Spoon the chicken mixture into the prepared pie dish.
5. Roll out pie dough, brush edges with egg wash, then lay the dough over the top so that it overhangs the sides. Trim the overhang to a 1/2 inch larger than edge of the dish and press into sides, then cut few slits on top.
6. Bake until crust is deeply golden, about 25-30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!