Healthy chicken pot pie, packed with juicy chicken, fresh veggies in a light, flaky crust.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
12 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
1 cup carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's poultry seasoning
Kosher salt, to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups almond milk
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
1 cup frozen peas
1 yellow onion, diced
1 prepared pie crust
1 egg, beaten with water (for wash)
- Preheat then oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie dish with baking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large Dutch oven with oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onions and mushrooms and saute, 5-6 minutes. Add carrots, celery, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add flour to vegetable and saute, 2 minutes. Add almond milk, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Let thicken, 4-5 minutes. Add chicken and peas.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Roll out pie dough, brush edges with egg wash, then lay the dough over the top so that it overhangs the sides. Trim the overhang to a 1/2 inch larger than edge of the dish and press into sides, then cut few slits on top.
- Bake until crust is deeply golden, about 25-30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!