Chai Banana Muffins
Easy chai banana muffins, with no refined sugar. Recipe yields 12 muffins.
2 tablespoons flax meal + 6 tablespoons water, combined
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch Kosher salt
4 mashed overripe bananas
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's chai masala
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins, as needed.
2. In a small bowl, combine flax meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
3. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, spices and salt.
4. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Add brown sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and flax. Add wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake, 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.