Inspired by the game “Undertale”, this butterscotch cinnamon pie is made by Toriel as a healing agent, with a crust meant to look like pixels. This butterscotch cinnamon pie recipe calls for a lot of egg yolks, plus butterscotch chips.
2 tsp ground pumpkin pie spices
1 pie crust
3 tbsp cornstarch
6 egg yolks
¼ cup butter
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 ½ cups whole milk
½ cup butterscotch chips
Sea salt, to taste
- In medium bowl, whisk cornstarch, salt and egg yolks until smooth. Whisk in milk.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat and add dark brown sugar. Bring to a boil and whisk constantly for 3 minutes.
- Combine the cream mixture and the sugar mixture. Slowly whisk in the egg mixture.
- Add salt and spices and then bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and then whisk in butterscotch chips.
- Add mix to pie shell and refrigerate, 1-2 hours until completely cool. Serve with whipped cream and freshly ground cinnamon and enjoy!