Prep time: 20 minutes, including draining
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
1 7.5-ounce block extra-firm tofu, drained
2 tablespoons avocado or other neutral oil
½ white onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons RawSpiceBar Xinjiang Blend
2 heads broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets
½ cup low-sodium vegetable broth or water
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
⅔ cup roasted, unsalted cashews
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
White rice for serving
- Wrap the tofu in a clean dish towel and place a heavy skillet on top. Let the tofu drain for 15 to 20 minutes to remove excess moisture. Dice the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the tofu and cook undisturbed, until brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- Stir in the onion, ginger, and Xinjiang Blend and cook for 3 minutes, until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the broccoli, broth, and soy sauce, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the liquid is evaporated and the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the cashews and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with white rice.