Prep time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Cook time: 30 minutes
4 Ribeye Steaks
4-6 Teaspoons RawSpiceBar Longhorn Dry Rub
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes and up to one hour before placing them on the grill. After removing from the refrigerator, season both sides with the RawSpiceBar Longhorn Dry Rub, using a ratio of 1-11/2 teaspoons of dry rub per pound of meat.
- Set up your grill for searing on one side and indirect slower cooking on the other. We prefer cooking these over charcoal, but this recipe works great over wood or on a gas grill.
- Sear the outside of the steak over direct heat until you get the desired “crust” on each side, about 2 minutes per side, or more if desired.
- Move the meat to the indirect cooking side of the grill and using a meat thermometer check the internal temperature of the steak at the thickest part. Continue to cook on the indirect side until your steak reaches the desired doneness: Rare – 120 degrees; Medium Rare – 130 degrees; Medium – 140 degrees; Well Done – 150 degrees.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and loosely cover with tin foil to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Note on Pellet Grills: Some pellet grills are unable to get up to higher temperatures required for properly searing meat. If using a pellet grill you should consider searing in a pan over the stove and finishing the steaks on the grill.