Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound ripe tomatoes (a mixture of sizes and colors is best)
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ loaf French bread, cut into ½-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar Herbs de Provence
2 large peaches, sliced thinly
1 medium English cucumber, cut bite-sized pieces
1 cup bite-size mozzarella balls, halved
¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons RawSpiceBar Herbs de Provence
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut tomatoes into ½-inch pieces. Place all tomatoes in a colander set over a large bowl and toss with ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside for at least 10 minutes and up to 40 to drain the juices.
- On a baking sheet, toss the bread cubes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar Herbs de Provence, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy, tossing halfway through. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, peaches, cucumber, mozzarella, and croutons.
- To make the dressing, in the bowl of reserved tomato juices, add ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence, mustard, and pepper. Whisk to combine, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with basil leaves.