Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1:05
3 medium globe eggplants, sliced into ¼-inch thick planks
1 tablespoon olive oil
12 ounces tempeh
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon RawSpiceBar Greek Blend, divided
1 28-ounce can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
¼ cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 16-ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 2 large baking sheets and 1 9x13-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and spray with cooking spray. Roast until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in the tempeh, then add the onion and garlic; cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions are softened and the tempeh is brown in spots. Add half of the RawSpiceBar Greek Blend and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, remaining ½ tablespoon Greek Blend, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Spread about 1 cup tomato sauce in the prepared baking dish. Arrange a layer of the eggplant slices on top. Dollop about ⅓ of the ricotta mixture on top of the eggplant and smooth with a spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with ⅓ cup feta. Add another layer of eggplant slices perpendicular to the first layer. Top with 1 cup tomato sauce, ⅓ of the ricotta mixture and ⅓ cup feta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 1 more layer, finishing with feta.
- Bake the lasagna, uncovered, until the sauce is bubbling around the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.