Cajun Shrimp & Grits
These cajun shrimp and grits are packed with spicy, Southern flavors and are our one of our go to home cooked meals.
CAJUN SHRIMP GRITS
We’ve sourced and freshly ground the spices to make our Cajun Shrimp & Grits. Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Cajun Shrimp & Grits in just 30 minutes.
How Our Spice Kits Work
We provide spices:
- Blackened Cajun Seasoning - Salt Free
Your shopping list:
- 1 - 1 1/2
- pound Extra Large or Jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- thick bacon slices chopped
- tablespoons chopped parsley
- teaspoons minced garlic
- green onions thinly sliced
- red bell pepper, diced
- tablespoon RawSpiceBar's Cajun seasoning
- cup broth
- Kosher salt, to taste
- cup quick grits
- cups water
- cups milk (sub with water)
- bay leaf
- tablespoons unsalted butter
- cups white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté bacon until brown and crisp this may take about 3-5 minutes.
- 2. Remove bacon form skillet and transfer to a plate. There will be some bacon drippings left in the pan (about 3 tablespoons).
- 3. Add about 1 Tablespoons of oil / butter to the pan. Followed by shrimp. Season with cajun spices and salt, and sauté, 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- 4. Then add garlic, paprika, bell pepper, parsley, and green onions. Add about 1/4 cup broth or more -adjust to preference . Continue cooking for another 3 minutes. Add shrimp towards the last minute, together with lemon juice if desired , adjust to taste, throw in the crisp bacon . Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 5. Remove and serve over grits
- 1. Add water, milk, bay leaf and salt to a heavy sauce- pan. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Gradually whisk in the grits, until you have added the whole thing in the pot, a little at a time. Keep stirring with a whisk to prevent any lumps.
- 3. You may have to remove sauce- pan from heat while trying to get rid of lumps – if needed.
- 4. Reduce heat and cook grits at a bare simmer, covered, stirring frequently, until water is fully absorbed and grits thickened. This will take you about 15 minutes.
- 5. Remove grits from heat; add butter and cheese, stirring with a whisk until cheese melts.
- 6. Assemble the dish by placing the grits at the bottom of a shallow bowl, Cajun shrimp and it’s sauce. Enjoy piping hot!