Recipe and photo courtesy of persianmama.com
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Center rack setting. Line one shallow baking dish with aluminum foil extending on all sides to catch the possible oil splatter.
- Peel the eggplants and cut them in half lengthwise. In a large bowl add the eggplants and about 1/3 cup vegetable oil. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon vegetable oil on the prepared baking sheet.
- Arrange the eggplants in a single layer on the foil. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the eggplants are soft when poked with a fork.
- Without removing the baking sheet, set the temperature to broil and continue broiling for about 2 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set aside to cool for 20 minutes. The eggplants will easily separate from the aluminum foil once cooled.