Homemade baked air fryer falafel recipe is absolutely delicious, crispy and packed with baharat. Allow 4 hours soaking time for chickpeas, preferably overnight. Then, quickly whip up in a food processor. Yields about 12 falafels.
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup dried chickpeas, rinsed and soaked for 4- 24 hours
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
2 tsp RawSpiceBar's Shawarma blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour 1/4 cup oil on a large, rimmed baking sheet and evenly coat pan.
- In a food processor, combine soaked chickpeas, onion, parsley, cilantro, garlic, salt, Shawarma blend, and 1 tablespoon oil. Process until smooth.
- Scoop out small ball and shape into 2 inch wide patties, 1/2 inch thick. Place on oiled baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until deeply golden on both sides. These falafels keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days, or in the freezer for a few months.
Air Fryer Falafel Directions
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
- Air fry at 380-degrees for 15 minutes, flipping over halfway through.