This vegetable biryani recipe, rice and veggies, marinated in yogurt and Indian spices, is the ultimate one pot meal. Switch this up with whichever veggies you have on hand - there are no rules here. Enjoy!
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Garam Masala
2 cups basmati rice, rinsed
1 lb cauliflower, broccoli, peas, carrots or any other veggies on hand, diced
2 onions, diced
Pinch saffron threads, soaked in 1/4 cup warm milk
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup raisins
3 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Bunch fresh mint or coriander leaves, minced
2 cups yogurt
2 fresh green or red chiles, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch ginger, minced
2 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Tandoori Masala
1/2 lemon, juice
Kosher salt, to taste
1. In a plastic bag, combine marinade ingredients and add veggies. Refrigerate and let marinate, 2 hours or overnight.
2. Cook basmati rice as per directions.
3. In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add salt and onions and saute until translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add cashews and raisins until golden. Remove and set aside.
4. In same pot, add oil over medium-high heat and add chicken to brown on all sides, 5-7 minutes. Add cooked rice, onions, herbs, saffron milk, fried nuts, raisins and salt to taste.
5. Cover pot and cook on low heat, 30-45 minutes. Serve and enjoy!