Vegan Black Bean Burgers - Spiced 6 Ways - Vegetarian
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
1/2 white onion, diced
Kosher salt, to taste
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
1/3 cup panko
2 tbsp RawSpiceBar's spices:
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add walnuts and toast, 5-7 minutes, until fragrant and golden brown. Set aside.
2. Heat the same skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil and onion and sauté, 5-6 minutes, or until onion is soft. Set aside.
3. In a blender, add walnuts, spices, and salt and blend into a meal. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add black beans and mash. Add rice, walnuts, onions and bread crumbs and combine.
5. Divide into patties and pack down firmly, into 3/4" inch thickness. Set on baking sheet or plate.
6. On grill or skillet, brush surface with oil and over medium high heat. Cook, 3-4 minutes per side, until browned.