RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan
2 tbsp vegetable oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. butter
24 large shrimp
2 limes, 1 for juice & zest, 1 wedged
Kosher salt, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until they start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, cover, and reduce heat to low, stirring a few times, until golden brown and very soft, about 10 minutes more.
- Add pinch salt plus 1 tsp RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan. Cook over medium heat until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and set aside. Return skillet to stove.
- Add butter to skillet and cook over medium heat until starting to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add shrimp in an even layer plus salt to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, about 1 minute per side. Add 2 tsp RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan and continue to cook, about 2 minutes more.
- Stir in shallot-garlic mixture plus lime juice & zest and simmer about 1 minute more.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!