Indo-French Vadouvan Crusted Lamb
INGREDIENTS1 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan
4 to 6 lamb chops, about 1 pound
2 tsp kosher salt
2 c. whole fat yogurt, divided
1/4 c. olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 4-inch sprigs rosemary
1 c. whole fat yogurt
2 tsp cornstarch
Juice of 1 lemon
DIRECTIONS1. In large zip-top bag, combine lamb, RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan, salt, and 1 cup yogurt. Mix until thoroughly combined and marinate 2-24 hours (the longer, the better!).
2. Slide large cast iron skillet onto broiler and heat for 15 minutes.
3. While skillet is heating, combine olive oil, garlic, and rosemary in small saucepan and heat on lowest possible heat. Cook until garlic browns and smells toasty, about ten minutes, then remove from heat. Discard rosemary.
4. In large bowl, whisk together yogurt and cornstarch until thoroughly combined. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking until fully incorporated. Transfer yogurt to pot and cook on lowest possible heat just until hot and slightly thickened, about five minutes. Stir in lemon juice and salt to taste and set aside.
5. Add lamb chops to skillet and broil until browned, 3-4 minutes. Flip over and brown, another 3-4 minutes.
6. Remove chops and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with yogurt sauce and sprinkle of RawSpiceBar’s Indo-French Vadouvan. Enjoy!
Makes 3-4 servings.
Adapted from Vadouvan Crusted Lamb Chops with Toasted Garlic Yogurt Sauce recipe by Serious Eats.