Ground lamb paired with RawSpiceBar’s spicy, freshly ground baharat, pistachios, garlic, onion, parsley and salt make for an easy, yummy weeknight dish.
1/3 cup shelled pistachios
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1 pound ground lamb
Olive oil & salt, to taste
Pita bread, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, plain yogurt, optional, to serve
- In a mini food processor, grind pistachios until finely ground. Add onion, garlic, parsley, RawSpiceBar’s Baharat and salt and process to paste consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ground lamb and mix until combined.
- Divide lamb mixture into 4 even sausage-shaped portions. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread a skewer through the center of each portion lengthwise. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Brush the kebabs with olive oil then place on grill. Reduce heat to medium and grill 2-3 minutes per side, making quarter turns until cooked through.
- Serve on pitas with onion, tomatoes, lettuce and yogurt. Enjoy!