French Tomato Tart
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Herbes de Provence
1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into cubes
4 tbsp iced water
1 pound ripe tomatoes (we love heirloom)
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Place flour, 1/4 cup Parmesan, RawSpiceBar's Herbes de Provence and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. Add butter and pulse until a coarse meal forms. Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons of water and pulse until moist clumps form. Transfer to a work surface and gently pull the dough together, kneading until the dough comes together into a ball. Flatten into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for a least an hour and up to 1 day ahead.
2. While dough is chilling, slice the tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick. Layer into a colander and sprinkle some coarse salt on. Let drain, about an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 450º F. Remove dough and let sit, 5 minutes. Move to parchment paper and roll into 12-inch round, about 1/8 of an inch thick. Put in fridge, 15 minutes.
4. Remove and drain tomatoes.
5. Remove the dough from the fridge. Scatter the remaining 1 cup of Parmesan cheese over tart and add tomatoes. Fold the edges of the dough over the tomatoes, pleating as you go.
6. Season with black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool, sprinkle with sea salt, let cool and enjoy!