Thai Vegetable Green Coconut Curry
INGREDIENTS1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
3 c. cauliflower florets
3 c. green beans
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Thai Curry Powder
1 inch fresh ginger, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 fresh red chiles
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3 c. vegetable stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Kaffir Lime Powder
Salt, to taste
Roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, for serving
Brown rice, for serving
Cilantro, for serving
1. In a pot, add water and turn to boil. Add the potato and cook until just starting to soften, about 6-7 minutes. Then, blanch the cauliflower florets and green beans for a minute or two. Set vegetables aside.
2. Place RawSpiceBar's Thai Curry Powder, ginger, garlic, and red chiles in a blender or food processor and blend until it forms a smooth paste.
3. Add vegetable oil to a large pan and gently fry the curry paste. Add the stock, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower, potatoes, and green beans, simmer for another 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and RawSpiceBar's Kaffir Lime Powder.
5. Season with salt to taste, then bring back to a boil and simmer gently for a few more minutes.
6. Serve with brown rice and top with chili oil, peanuts, and cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Love cooking? Sign up for the quarterly spice subscription & get 6 freshly ground, seasonal spices & blends. Plus, subscribers always save 25% on all spices in our shop. We also think it makes a pretty great gift for your favorite foodies & spice lovers :)