½ tsp RawSpiceBar’s Tandoori Masala
250 g. paneer or cottage cheese
1 bell pepper – green, yellow or red
1 medium sized onion
200 grams hung curd or thick curd or greek yogurt
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or crushed ginger-garlic
1 tsp carom seeds
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
½ tsp black salt
regular salt as required
- Chop the paneer in square shaped cubes.
- The veggies also should be chopped in square shapes. Keep the chopped veggies and paneer aside.
- In a large bowl, take the curd and whisk it till it becomes smooth.
- Add ginger garlic paste and all the spice powder plus carom seeds, including black salt.
- Mix the spice powders with the curd and RawSpiceBar’s Tandoori Masala.
- You could also add oil at this stage if you do not want to brush the paneer tikka with oil later.
- Add the veggies and paneer to the marinade.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or more in the refrigerator.
- Remove after 2 hours and bring the marinated paneer and veggies at room temperature.
- Skeewer the veggies and paneer alternately on skewers or tooth picks.
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 240 degrees celsius.
- On a rack or a plate arrange the paneer skewer. Brush some oil in the veggies and paneer.
- Bake the paneer tikka for 15 to 20 minutes at 240 degrees celsius or till the sides of the paneer are golden or slightly charred. Baking time will vary from oven to oven.
- Half way through turn the skewers.
- Keep again in the oven and bake til golden.
- Arrange the paneer tikka on a plate. Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon juice on paneer tikka.
- Serve the yummy panner tikka with mint chutney and onion rings with lemon wedges.