Cajun Spicy Cashews
This recipe is simple, requiring just 10 ingredients and 30 minutes to prepare. And if you’ve been making my curry recipes recently, you already have all the ingredients on hand (ftw)!
CAJUN SPICY CASHEWS
We’ve sourced and freshly ground the spices to make our authentic Cajun Spicy Cashews . Simply follow our recipe, adding locally sourced, fresh ingredients, to cook this delicious Cajun Spicy Cashews in just 25 minutes.
How Our Recipes Kits Work
We provide spices:
Your shopping list:
- cups raw cashews*
- 1 1/2
- Tbsp melted coconut oil or olive oil
- Tbsp maple syrup
- Tbsp green curry paste*
- tsp curry powder*
- 1 1/2
- Tbsp coconut sugar (plus more to taste)
- tsp ground cumin
- tsp ground ginger
- tsp ground turmeric
- scant tsp sea salt
- pinch RawSpiceBar's Cajun Seasoning
- tsp lime zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (163 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (use more baking sheets, as needed, if increasing batch size).
2. Add cashews to a bare baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes.
- 3. In the meantime, add oil, maple syrup, and green curry paste to a medium mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- 4. Remove slightly toasted cashews from the oven and add directly to the curry mixture. Toss to combine. Then add remaining spices (curry powder through sea salt), and toss thoroughly to combine.
- 5. Add back to baking sheet and bake for another 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown and roasted. Once the cashews have cooled a bit, taste a cashew and adjust seasonings as needed while still warm on sheet. Add more cumin for smokiness, turmeric for earthiness, curry powder for more intense curry flavor, or coconut sugar for sweetness. Optional: sprinkle with lime zest and toss to coat.
- 6. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks. Best within the first week!