4 asian eggplants, diced
2 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 inch ginger, minced
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar’s Shichimi Togarashi
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Toss eggplant with salt and drain in a colander, stirring occasionally, let sit 45 minutes.
- Rinse eggplant under cold water and dry well, pressing out any excess moisture.
- Stir together mirin, soy sauce, ginger, and RawSpiceBar’s Shichimi Togarashi
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat, then sauté eggplant until browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in mirin mixture and cook, gently stirring and turning frequently, until sauce becomes a glaze and eggplant is browned and tender, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with chives and enjoy!