For the Marinade
Juice of 2 lemons, plus 1/2 lemon sliced
2/3 cup olive oil
7 large garlic cloves, lightly crushed
1 medium red onion, sliced or roughly chopped
Salt & pepper
4 chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
RawSpiceBar’s Sumac & Sesame Za’atar, divided in thirds
1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the chicken in a deep dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover with the marinade. To ensure good flavor, work some of the marinade underneath the skin of the chicken breasts. Cover and place the chicken in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Transfer the chicken breasts and the marinade to a baking dish or a cast iron skillet. Sprinkle 1/3 of RawSpiceBar’s Sumac & Sesame Za’atar on top of chicken and another 1/3 to work underneath the skin of chicken breasts. You should have 1/3 left for later.
5. Place the chicken in the 400 degrees F heated-oven; roast for 40-45 mins.
6. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with remaining za’atar. Garnish with pine nuts and chopped parsley. Enjoy!