Pumpkin Pie Spice Vegan Pancakes
INGREDIENTS3/4-1 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 c. packed pumpkin puree
1 tbsp vegan butter, melted (or substitute grape seed or coconut oil)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup or agave (or substitute honey if not vegan)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour (substitute up to half with oat flour, if desired)
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat electric griddle to medium heat (or about 350º F), or a large skillet on medium to medium-low heat on the stove stop.
2. Combine 3/4 cup milk and lemon juice in a large bowl and let rest for 5 minutes to curdle.
3. Then add melted butter (or oil, if using), maple syrup, pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
4. Next add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and RawSpiceBar's Pumpkin Pie Spice to a sifter and sift over the wet ingredients. If the batter appears too thin, add a bit more flour. If too thick, add a splash of almond milk. Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
5. Butter or spray your griddle with cooking spray and pour 1/4 cup measurements of the batter onto the griddle.
6. There should be 6-7 pancakes. Flip when bubbles appear in the middle and the edges turn slightly dry. Cook for 1-3 minutes more on the other side, then plate.
7. Top with maple syrup and a dash more RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice, or whatever else you desire.
Makes 2 servings.
Adapted from Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes recipe by Minimalist Baker.