1 teaspoon RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup flaxseed meal (optional; if omitted, add 1/2 cup flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice, and salt (if using) together in medium size bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla, and mix at low speed until thoroughly blended. (Mixture will look curdled. Don’t panic.)
- Slowly add dry ingredients at medium-low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice-cream scoop to form cookies. Space them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.