RawSpiceBar’s Pink Peppercorns
1 bottle rose wine (not sweet and chilled)
125 ml water
125 ml sugar
juice of 2 limes
1/2 - 1 tsp rose water (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix the water and sugar is a saucepan and bring to a fast simmer while stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, rose water and salt.
- Add the sugar syrup to the rose wine in a large jug.
- Taste and see if the mixture needs more sugar or lime juice and add accordingly.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 30 – 60 minutes and churn the rose in an ice cream machine as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve immediate as a slushy drink.
- For a sorbet, place the churned mix in the freezer and freeze for about 2 -3 hours (giving it a stir every hour or so) until the mixture is firm but not frozen solid and serve as a sorbet.
- Serve in cocktail glasses and sprinkle with a few RawSpiceBar’s Pink Peppercorns.