6 tbsp milk, plus more for dough
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp RawSpiceBar's Masala Chai Spices
1 c. wheat flour
1/2 c. rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. powdered sugar
DIRECTIONS1. Place milk and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, reduce heat and add RawSpiceBar's Masala Chai Spices. Simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350º F. Sift together flours, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Rub together butter and flour mixture, until resembling small breadcrumbs. Add sugar and combine ingredients.
4. Create a well in dough and add milk & spices from saucepan. Combine all ingredients and roll dough into a ball. Add additional milk if dough is too dry. Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, until dough is cold and firm.
5. Flour a clean surface and roll out the pastry until about 1/2 cm thick. Cut into shapes of choice.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cut cookies about 1/2 inch apart.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
8. Serve warm and, if preferred, dunk in a cup of your favorite hot milky tea.
Makes 8 servings.