Mexican Oregano & Lime White Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans green chilies
- 3 (15-oz) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Cumin
- 1 tbspRawSpiceBar’s Mexican Oregano
- 3 tbsp tahini (or hummus)
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado, cilantro, lime, cojita cheese, to top (optional)
Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown around the edges.
Reduce heat to medium and add salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Cook, until onion is translucent, 5-7 minutes.
Add green chilies, white beans, cumin, oregano and saute, 3-4 minutes, until slightly browned. Add tahini, and combine, 2-3 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and let cook, 20-30 minutes, over low heat.
Serve with spritz of lime juice plus other desired toppings and enjoy!