Bake this baharat spiced Turkish lahmacun flatbread on a heated pizza stone for even crust and golden, melty toppings. Enjoy!
1/4 oz active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 cups flour
11/2 tsp kosher salt
RawSpiceBar Baharat Spice
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. tomato paste
3 oz. ground lamb
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 plum tomato, grated
1 small onion, grated
Kosher salt to taste
- Combine yeast, sugar and 3/4 cup boiled water in a bowl, let sit until foamy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Combine flour and salt separately, fold in the yeast mixture, and knead until soft, smooth dough ball forms. Cover the dough in a bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for about an hour.
- Punch down dough, divide into 4 portions, and form them into a ball. Transfer dough balls to a floured baking sheet. Cover with a damp tea towel and let rest for another 45 minutes, or refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, tomato paste and RawSpiceBar Baharat Spice. Add in lamb, garlic, tomato, onion, and season with salt (optional).
- Preheat oven to 475°, use a pizza stone in bottom third of oven.
- Roll out each dough ball fairly thin, into a 10” disk. Transfer dough to a parchment paper, spoon about 4 tablespoons of topping onto dough, spread evenly with your fingers.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and topping is cooked, between 6-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your crust and topping layer. Repeat with remaining dough and toppings.