Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats - Vegan, Healthy, Easy
These 5 awesome spices are perfect for instant pot steel cut oats. We love to cook these quickly in an instant pot without constant stirring or monitoring. Set the timer, and walk away. When it’s done, you’ll have a hot, delicious, and filling breakfast. Stovetop recipe also below.
1 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Kosher salt, to taste
3 cups water
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
2 teaspoon RawSpiceBar's spices:
Apple pie spices
Pumpkin pie spices
Instant Pot Directions
1. Add steel cut oats, applesauce, spices, salt, and water to Instant Pot and combine.
2. Set to manual high pressure for 10 minutes. After the time has ended, let the Instant Pot naturally release the pressure. This will take roughly 20 minutes.
3. Remove lid and add apples and, if using, raisins, plus milk and sweetener to taste and stir. Top with fresh fruit and cinnamon if desired and enjoy!
Stove Top Directions
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the oatmeal and apples. When the oatmeal begins to thicken, about 5 minutes, reduce the heat to low.
2. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, add spices and let simmer another 15 minutes, or until desired consistency.
3. Take off the heat, stir in the raisins, fresh fruit or milk and sweetener, if desired.