Instant Pot Split Pea Soup - Spiced up 6 Global Ways - Stove Top
4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
10 cups chicken or vegetable broth
3 cups green split peas, picked over and rinsed
1 cup milk
Kosher salt, to taste
Greek yogurt, pumpkin seeds, to top (optional)
Stove Top Directions
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add salt, garlic, and spices and saute, another 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the split peas and broth or water, and bring to a simmer. Cook covered, until split peas are tender, 40-60 minutes.
3. Once finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in milk and salt to taste. Then, purée and serve!
Instant Pot Directions
1. Set Instant Pot to "sauté". Add oil and, once hot, add onion and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add spices, salt, garlic and ginger and saute, 1-2 minutes.
2. Press “cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Seal and cook at high pressure (“manual” function) for 8 minutes. After the soup is ready, allow natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes. Season to taste and enjoy!