Instant Pot Meatloaf - Healthy, Easy
Trade in your go-to meatloaf recipe for one of these delicious, spiced up variations using our freshly ground spices or spice blends. This instant pot meatloaf is ready in under 20 minutes.
2 pounds lean ground beef, turkey or lamb
1 cup panko crumbs or crushed crackers or breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup ketchup
1 onion, finely chopped
Kosher salt, to taste
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp RawSpiceBar's Italian seasoning
Alternatively, try any of these global spices:
Ras el Hanout
Instant Pot Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine ground meat, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, salt and spices. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
2. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, apricot preserves and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Form mixture into loaf and put on aluminum foil to fit in pressure cooker. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf.
4. Fold sheet of aluminum foil up and around the meatloaf to form a pouch, leaving the top open slightly to release the steam.
5. Place the steamer rack into the bottom of the pressure cooker. Place the aluminum foil packet of meatloaf on top of it.
6. Cover with the lid and lock the pressure cooker making sure the pressure release valve is set to “sealing.”
7. Select “Manual” and cook at High Pressure for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and release the steam valve by “quick release”. Once the pot has released the pressure, carefully open the lid.
8. Confirm the meatloaf’s internal temperature is at least 160°F with a food thermometer. Serve and enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 5x9 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, salt and spices. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
2. Pour into pan and spread evenly. Place pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven, 1 1/2 hours.
3. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, apricot preserves and Worcestershire sauce. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf halfway through baking and other half once finished. Serve and enjoy!