Instant Pot Fried Rice - Easy, Healthy
This instant pot fried rice with Chinese five spice is a delicious one pot meal option for easy weeknight dinners or lunch. Packed with veggies and ready in under 20 minutes.
2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
3 eggs, whisked
2 carrots, diced
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup peas
4 cups cooked brown rice
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
Green onions, to garnish
2 tsp RawSpiceBar's Chinese Five Spice
Instant Pot Directions
1. Turn instant pot to saute, add oil. Once hot, saute onions, 3-5 minutes, until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, spices and salt, 1-2 minutes. Stir in rice to coat. Deglaze pot with splash of water.
2. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, vegetables, and water and mix. Pressure cook for 5 minutes, then release.
3. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat on the stove and scramble eggs. Add to rice with green onions and enjoy!
Stove Top Directions
1. Cook brown rice per package directions and set aside (chill if you have time). Add 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add eggs and scramble to fully cook. Remove and set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and add carrots and onion and salt, saute 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and spices and stir, 2-3 minutes. Add rice and peas, saute 3-4 minutes.
4. Add eggs to pan and stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve with green onions and enjoy!