Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
2 tbsp vegetable oil or butter
3 medium leeks, chopped into half inch rings
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 medium butternut squash, chopped into half inch pieces
2 quarts chicken stock
1 cup water
Plain yogurt, raita, or naan, for serving
Stove Top Directions
1. Heat oil or butter in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add leeks, cook, stirring until translucent, 6-8 minutes. Add salt and spices and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add butternut squash, re-season with salt to taste. Cook until slightly brown, 8-12 minutes.
3. Stir in stock and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until squash is tender. Season with black pepper and salt to taste. Puree to desired consistency.
4. Ladle into individual bowls and serve with plain yogurt or raita and crusty bread or naan. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Directions
1. Set Instant Pot to "sauté". Add oil and, once hot, add onion and saute, 4-5 minutes. Add spices, salt, garlic and ginger and saute, 1-2 minutes.
2. Press “cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot. Add the remaining ingredients.
3. Seal and cook at high pressure (“manual” function) for 8 minutes. After the soup is ready, allow natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes. Season to taste and enjoy!