Instant Pot Black Beans - 6 Global Spices to Try - Cuban, Mexican - Vegan, Gluten Free
2 1/2 cups dried black beans
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 fresh red chili, chopped (optional)
1 lime, juice
Kosher salt, to taste
3 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tablespoon any RawSpiceBar's Spices:
Madras curry powder
Instant Pot Directions
1. Add chopped onion to instant pot on saute. Saute 4-5 minutes and add tomato paste, garlic, spices and salt. Saute 1-2 minutes.
2. Add dried black beans and broth. Set Instant Pot to 25 minutes on Manual/Pressure Cook.
3. Finish with lime juice and salt to taste and serve!
1. Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers, saute 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, salt, garlic and spices and sauté, another 1-2 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup of beans to pan. Using back of fork, mash beans coarsely. Add remaining beans, broth and vinegar and simmer until mixture thickens and flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 20-25 minutes.
3. Season beans to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Serve with rice, or top with diced bell peppers, tomatoes or green onions. We also love them in tacos, nachos, salads or buddha bowls.