Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
INGREDIENTS1 tsp RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 c. whole-wheat flour
1/2 c. flaxseed meal
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c. dark chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 300º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda, baking powder, RawSpiceBar’s Pumpkin Pie Spice, and salt together in medium size bowl. Set aside.
3. Beat sugar and butter together with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla, and mix at low speed until thoroughly blended.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients at medium-low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Use a large cookie scoop or ice-cream scoop to form cookies. Space them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.