Healthy Banana Spiced Muffins - Spiced Up 7 Global Ways
These healthy banana spiced muffins are spiced up 6 global ways, for variations on a wholesome and delicious recipe. Recipe yields 1 dozen muffins. Get cooking with recipes for every diet: Apple Pie Spices recipes, Pumpkin pie spice recipes.
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond or regular milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch kosher salt
1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon raw sugar, to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease tins, if needed.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and maple syrup with a whisk. Add eggs and beat well.
Mix in the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the baking soda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add flour and oats to the bowl and mix, until just combined. Add any desired nuts, chocolate or dried fruit.
4. Divide between 12 muffins cups and sprinkle with sugar and oats to top.
5. Bake muffins, 20-25 minutes, or until muffin comes out clean with a toothpick. Serve and enjoy!