Healthy Apple Spice Muffins - Spiced Up 6 Global Ways
These apple muffins are spiced up 6 different ways, for global variations on a wholesome and delicious recipe. Recipe yields 1 dozen muffins. Get cooking with recipes for every diet: Apple Pie Spices recipes, Pumpkin pie spice recipes.
1 3/4 cups flour (white or regular whole wheat)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
2 eggs, preferably at room temperature
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon raw sugar, to sprinkle
Pinch kosher salt, to taste
1 cup apples, grated
1 cup apples, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and grease tins, if needed.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices, baking soda and salt and blend. Add apples and combine.
3. In another mixing bowl, combine oil and maple syrup with a whisk. Add eggs and beat well, then add the yogurt, applesauce and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Divide between 12 muffins cups and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake muffins for 13 to 15 minutes, or until muffin comes out clean with a toothpick. Serve and enjoy!