Recipe inspired by The Minimalist Baker
This healthy, homemade granola is going to become your favorite winter snack. Freshly ground gingerbread spices like ginger, cinnamon and cloves give depth and warmth, while molasses adds a touch of sweetness.
3 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 3/4 cups raw nuts, we like a mix of almonds, pecans and walnuts
1/2 tsp Kosher sea salt
1tbsp RawSpiceBar's Gingerbread spices
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or agave
3 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
2. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm the oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract, 5-6 minutes. Pour over the dry ingredients and combine.
3. Spread the mixture evenly onto a a large baking sheet.
4. Bake, 18-20 minutes, stirring halfway, until granola is browned. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan.
5. Keep in a container that has an air-tight seal and enjoy for the next few weeks!