INGREDIENTSRawSpiceBar’s Ghost Pepper Powder
12 oz red, orange, or yellow bell peppers
2 c. cider vinegar
6 c. granulated sugar
2 pouches liquid pectin
DIRECTIONS1. Sterilize the jars and lids. Set warm sterilized jars on kitchen towel while preparing the jelly.
2. Stem, seed, and roughly chop all the peppers. Puree the peppers along with RawSpiceBar's Ghost Pepper Powder with 1 cup of the vinegar. Combine the puree with remaining vinegar and the sugar in a saucepan.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil (be careful not to breathe in the steam or get it in your eyes).
4. Boil for 10 minutes. Stir in the pectin, return to a boil and boil 1 minute, keep stirring.
5. Ladle the jelly into the prepared jars, leaving 1/4" head space.
6. Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean, moist paper towel. Place 2 piece lids on the jars (don't over-tighten the screw top).
7. Process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes 7-8 pints.
Adapted from Bhut Jolokia Jelly recipe from Baking Sense.